Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Bi-Weekly NST
So after my hospital visit my doctor decided to have me go into a doctors' office in the hospital for bi-weekly NST's and an AFI. An NST is a Non-Stress Test, and an AFI is an amniotic fluid check. My doctor just wants to monitor my blood pressure really closely to make sure it doesn't go up too high. So twice a week I go in and they do an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels and then they hook me up to two different monitors. The first one measures Colin's heartbeat and the other one sits at the top of my uterus and measures to see if I have a contraction. I am also hooked up to a blood pressure cuff that goes off about every ten minuets. I usually am there for about half an hour. What they are wanting to see is my blood pressure going down from me resting and they want to three good spikes in Colin's heart rate. The spikes are good because it tells them that he is moving well and getting the things he needs from the placenta. I really like the nurses that are there. They are super nice. They will even print me out pictures of Colin when they are doing the ultrasound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment