Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Declawed

One of the conditions of living in my mom's basement is that Gogo had to be declawed so he didn't claw up the carpet. So on Monday I took Gogo to Animal Crackers Vet and got his front claws out. He was so groggy when I brought him home. All he wanted was to be held and sleep. When he walked around he stumbled around like he was drunk. It was sad and funny to watch at the same time. He had bandages on his paws and when he started waking up he wanted to get them off. During the night he managed to get one of them off by putting his paw in between a tote and the bottom of a shelf and pulling. He is a pretty smart kitty. The other one he got off the next day by flicking his paw a bunch. He is starting to feel and act more like himself now. I think he is sad that his claws are gone, but he will just have to deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment